This week we welcome Dr. Jennifer Jordan, Professor of Sociology and Urban Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and author who studies plants and their relationship to human settlement. She has authored “Edible Memory” and is currently working on a book about hop farming in Wisconsin and how women were critical to the practice. Christina and Katie chat to Jennifer about these women, their contributions, and their lives as determined by the hop seasons.
What we’re drinking:
- Lervig – No Worries (NA IPA) – https://untappd.com/b/lervig-no-worries/3136888
- Lervig – Hop Buffet (DIPA) – https://untappd.com/b/lervig-hop-buffet/5209832
- Academic Profile: https://wisconsin.academia.edu/JenniferJordan
- Jennifer on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ediblememory
- Jennifer on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sociologyofplants/
- Hop Farming in Wisconsin in Good Beer Hunting: https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/blog/2021/2/23/fields-of-calico-the-rise-and-fall-of-wisconsins-19th-century-hop-industry
Beer Ladies Links: linktr.ee/beerladies
#beerladiespodcast #womeninbeer #beerhistory
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.