Title: Packaging Brewer
Role: Full Time, Permanent.
Work Pattern: 39 hour week over 4 days, Mon – Thurs
Location: Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Salary: €30-35,000 Commensurate with Experience/Qualifications
We are looking to add an experienced packaging brewer whose ambition is to produce high quality beer, with a positive team centric work ethic and a creative and proactive approach to their work. The successful applicant will be joining a small production team that works closely together to ensure production targets are met with an emphasis on safety, quality and efficiency. The focal point of this role will be the operation, optimisation and troubleshooting of our canning, bottling & kegging lines. Working with the wider team to ensure the smooth running of packaging equipment with beer quality and throughput front and centre. The successful candidate will be given in-depth training on all equipment with continual support to achieve the common goals of the production team. This role presents an opportunity to play a central role at Wicklow Wolf and grow your skills in planning, process improvement & problem solving.
In mid-2019 we commissioned our new state-of-the-art brewery. This allows us to produce consistent and high-quality beer while offering us great insight and control of every aspect of beer we produce. We package all beer produced on site into kegs, can and bottles. Our focus on a combination of high-quality equipment, ingredients and great people allows us to consistently supply our customers with innovative beers of the highest quality.
- Ability to work in a safe manner and ensure the safety of you and others is not compromised.
- Operation and maintenance of and cleaning of all packaging equipment.
- Maintain a high standard of data logging and record keeping.
- Work & adapt to achieve production schedule to ensure that beer is packaged as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Proactive approach to process problem solving & be open minded to implementing new techniques and ways of working.
- Ensure safety, quality and efficiency are a priority in all operations and decisions.
- Production area hygiene & general housekeeping.
- Communicate and work openly and honestly with immediate team and the wider business.
- Monitoring of stock levels of key packaging materials.
- Represent Wicklow Wolf at events (both internal & external)
- Highly motivated, self-starting with a desire to continuously improve process knowledge and experience.
- Have a flexible approach to the working day. We are a small business that needs to react to the needs of the business.
- Have a creative and responsible approach to process improvement to reduce losses/down time and continuously improve product quality.
- Proactive approach to daily & weekly work schedule to identify opportunities to work more efficiently.
- 1+ years experience in a similar technical environment operating machinery with an ability to learn new processes.
- A combination of the below is an advantage but having all is not essential.
- A relevant technical qualification such as IBD packaging qualifications.
- Technical qualification in science/engineering or similar.
- Experience within a food hygiene environment.
- Experience with automated systems.
- Experience running canning/bottling/kegging lines.
- Forklift Licence, working at height, manual handling.
- 17 days Holidays (based on a 4 day week) + Bank Holidays.
- Monthly staff beer allowance.
- Staff discount in on-site tap room.
- Support with further education/professional development.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Life Cover.
- Income Protection.
- Best Doctor 2nd medical opinion.
- Family Care Mental Health Support for you & your family.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] October 4th.