An exciting opportunity has opened up to join our team as a Quality Assurance Technician! The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of implementing and maintaining a BRC standard in a food manufacturing site and also have a natural drive for continuous improvement. Please see the job specifications below and get in touch if you would like the opportunity to join our team.
Rye River Brewing Company employs 65 people and is regarded as one of Ireland’s leading and most influential independent craft breweries. In 2021 we achieved a ‘AA’ in our BRC certification while also being awarded the accolade of “World’s Most Decorated Brewery” at both the 2020 and 2021 World Beer Awards.
We are looking for dynamic, hardworking individuals who will embrace the “Rye River Way” culture and ethos. The ideal candidates will be self-motivated, extremely organized, and excited to work in an environment that is constantly changing.
- Define, develop and implement optimal brewery work practices to ensure compliance to food safety standards (BRC) and product specifications
- Maintain and control the QMS System on site
- Responsible for all duties pertinent to internal and external audits
- Maintain and update the controlled document matrix and training matrix
- Working with suppliers to ensure all necessary approval documentation and specification requirements are in place
- Apply a holistic understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) practices critical to Brewing and Packaging processes
- Maintain traceability/mass balance on all products
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have in-depth knowledge of the BRC standard and HACCP principles
- Assertive, disciplined, and proactive self-starter
- Demonstrate ability to work under own initiative
- Drive the continuous improvement of the sites quality system
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of the brewing process is desired but not essential
- Embrace the “Rye River Way” culture and ethos
- 2-3 years maintaining a BRC standard on a manufacturing site
- Trained in both HACCP (level 3 minimum) and Internal Auditing
Please email your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].