Over eight days, quiz mistress supreme Liz Angus Noall has been teasing us with her seasonal pub quiz. Here, today, are the answers to yesterday’s final questions.
Liz hosts a number of weekly quizzes, plus a monthly one and various charity quizzes, from her home in St Ives, Cornwall. During lockdown she was named a local hero for keeping us all entertained with regular online quizzes, and raising huge amounts of charity cash.
Since Covid, the fundraising has continued, for both local groups and national charities. At the end of this year her total has passed £18,000! To find out more about Liz and her quizzes — join in when you’re in Cornwall! — visit her Facebook group.
- What were the three gifts brought to the baby Jesus by the three wise men? Gold, frankincense, and myrrh
- What is the only English county that doesn’t contain the letters of the word Christmas in its name? Devon
- Shadows, Clues, and The Feeling were the official titles on the first three, now traditional, what? John Lewis Christmas advertisements
- Located in the Indial Ocean, and belonging to Australia — with 200 either way — what was Christmas Island’s total number of residents in 2016? 1,843
- If five is GR, and four is CB, what is three? FH (French hens)
Pub quizzes on Beer Today
How many regular pub quizzes are there around the country? Should there be a special listing for them on Beer Today? I am, after all, giving special support to pubs in this critical year for the trade. Drop me a line if you’d like your local quiz or quizzes included!