Thandi, Erica, and Bean talk hops, or Humulus lupulus if you prefer, as our ingredients series continues.
What are hops? How are they used? What are their flavours? How long have we been using them?
- Hop (Humulus lupulus) – British Plants – Woodland Trust
- Cannabaceae – an overview | ScienceDirect Topics
- Cannabaceae family: a comparison between Cannabis, Humulus & Vitis
- Hop Picking in Herefordshire
Correction: Rock Leopard’s ‘Type Here to Search’ 6.8% West Coast IPA actually had Chinook, Loral, and Simcoe hops!
- Alefarm, Denmark – ‘Inferno in Paradise’ DIPA w/ Citra & Amarillo 8% – https://shop.alefarm.dk/products/inferno-in-paradise-dipa
- The White Hag Irish Brewing Company, Sligo – ‘Duo Series- El Dorado & Cascade’ Pale Ale 5.5% Duo Series – El Dorado & Cascade – The White Hag
- Boundary Brewing, Belfast – ‘Imbongo’ Tropical IPA w/ Mosaic & Azacca 5.5% — https://boundarybrewing.coop/products/imbongo-4-pack
Thandi and Erica are wearing CraftGeek originals in this episode. Find those and other like it at: https://craftgeek.co/collections/hop-heads/products/not-all-hop-heads-have-beards-dark-colours