Lager & Pilsner – Style Guide
Season 2, Ep. 31
Many of us here on the pod are partial to a clean, crisp lager! Thandi, Katie, and Bean discuss the history of lagers, what makes them different from ales, and how to brew them. Gone are the days of the light, fizzy beer; roll-on, variety…from Pilsner to Bock, Märzen to Dunkel.
You can get our merch here – or support us on BuyMeACoffee (Beer).
Beers in this episode:
- 12 Acres, Ireland – ‘Pallet Jack’ India Pale Lager
- Der Hirschbräu, Germany – Doppel-Hirsch Dunkel
- Galway Bay, Ireland – Festbier
- Trouble, Ireland ‘Park Life’ Lager
- Lager Beer Styles- Lagering Process | Beer of the Month Club
- Origins of lager beer traced back to 15th century Bavaria | The Economic Times
- The history of yeast: breaking news | Zythophile
- Maidens and Manuscripts: Taking a fresh look at people and events from 1347 to 1625, with a focus on women and illuminated manuscripts
- Lager Beer May Originate in South America and Not Germany, Research Suggests
- Did Lager Beer Originate In South America?
- What even is Pilsner? | The Craft Beer Channel
- How Many Types of Lager Are There?
Follow the Beer Ladies here:
Leave a Reply